Creative Facilitation 1 is being offered on February 25 & 26, 2017 at Royal Roads University in Victoria, BC.
In this two-day experiential professional development training, you will train in a proven arts-based model of group facilitation. This workshop provides a framework for using arts-based practices to strengthen your effectiveness as a facilitator. The training gives participants strategies for engaging a full range of learning styles and brings out the strengths of group members. Participants develop skills for using the arts to facilitate groups of all sizes and acquire a large toolbox of easy to lead activities.
Throughout this process, participants build their confidence in their own creativity and recognize that you don’t have to be a professional artist to use the arts in your work with people of all ages, particularly youth.
Join us and Learn:
• Step-by-step process to ensure the success of your program
• Ways to create safe environments for self expression
• Methods to boost social and emotional intelligence
• Design principals for delivering powerful group experiences
• Strategies for engaging resistant group members
• Ways to expand your creativity and how to tap this inner resource
• A toolkit of easy-to-lead multi-arts activities
This workshop is for youth workers, artists, teachers, facilitators and team leaders. Participants learn easy-to-apply, proven techniques for increasing community, creativity and authenticity when working with groups. They also learn how to help groups increase their emotional literacy and capacity for self-expression. In the process, you’ll discover how your own creativity can sustain your life and your work.
12 hours, Hands-On Classroom
Sat, Feb 25, 2017 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sun, Feb 26, 2017 10:00am – 4:30pm
$250.00 + GST
Sarah is dedicated to creating comfortable group spaces where self expression and creativity can blossom. With a lifelong background in visual art, music, drama, dance and creative writing, Sarah brings a down-to-earth practical slant on incorporating the arts into everyday life and teaching. Her personal coaching business, The Magic Well, offers organizational strategies for creatives types. Sarah is grateful to have trained with some incredible mentors through the Heart of Facilitation program. Sarah has been facilitating groups for 20 years and is currently the Executive Director of Power of Hope Canada.
As an Okanagan man from the Syilx Territory and mixed roots of Irish, Ukranian and Native ancestry, Warren brings a unique set of life experience, beliefs and values to his facilitation work. Focusing on arts, empowerment, and adult facilitation training, Warren provides communities, groups of youth and adult leaders with the skills and awareness to make changes that are connected to their deepest values. He is honoured to mentor and work with world class facilitators in the PYE Global organization.
You’ll need to register directly with Royal Roads University where the training is held.
- Create an account with Royal Roads University.
- Click Register Now (at the bottom of the Royal Roads registration page)
- Details of the course location and incidentals will be emailed to you by a Royal Roads Continuing Studies representative in the weeks prior to the course start date.
- If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Continuing Studies.