- This event has passed.
October 8, 2021 - October 11, 2021
Re-Emerge will be a small scale weekend camp from October 8-11 over the thanksgiving weekend. This camp will be focusing on the theme of connection to others and reconnecting to self through music, movement, and dance. It has been a long time since we have been able to gather in community and we are thrilled to be able to connect again!
This gathering will be open to all to attend, but for this camp we will be capping our youth total at 25-30, so space is quite limited. We have also expanded our age range to include those who would have aged out of camp last year but were unable to attend because of the pandemic. Along with smaller youth numbers, we will be operating with a smaller staff team (probably 10-12) to ensure that we are able to keep some distance when indoors. We will require everyone to follow the covid guidelines in order to attend, as we know there are vulnerable members of our community and it is vital that we keep them safe.
Covid guidelines for camp are as follows:
- We will require that all youth and staff are vaccinated with at least one vaccine, and be symptom-free upon arrival including a contactless temperature read administered by us. If you are medically unable to be vaccinated we will require official documentation.
- We will require masks to be worn indoors when in close proximity with others.
- We will be eating far apart from one another.
- The majority of our daytime programming will be outdoors, where we can be unmasked (if comfortable) and can move more freely.
- We will defer to the comfort of the group. Meaning: if one person is not comfortable with touch or being unmasked around others, we will respect this and behave accordingly.
- IF THERE IS AN INFECTION or if someone shows symptoms: We will quarantine that person and either bring them to get tested if possible, or have a family member come get them.
Please note: there is no perfect. We are open to your feedback if you feel these measures are not adequate – we will shift and change our procedures if we are able to. We also know that even if we do everything well there is still a possibility that things may go wrong. After camp, please limit your socialising to only those people within your home bubble, or get tested to be sure you are not a carrier before resuming normal activities. (These guidelines subject to change based on current BC official guidelines.)