The Power of Hope and their partners also offer three levels of training for adults who want to increase their facilitation skills and learn powerful arts-based activities to incorporate into their work with groups.
Creative Facilitation 1 is being offered on February 25 & 26, 2017 at Royal Roads University.
In this two-day experiential professional development training, you will gain a basic introduction to a proven arts-based model of group facilitation. This workshop provides a framework for using arts-based practices to strengthen your effectiveness as a facilitator. The training gives participants strategies for engaging a full range of learning styles and brings out the strengths of group members. Participants develop basic skills for using the arts to facilitate groups of all sizes and acquire a large toolbox of easy to lead activities.
- Create an account if you do not already have one with Royal Roads University.
- Once you have an account, please go to the register now button on the bottom of this page to enroll using your credit card.
- Details of the course location and incidentals will be emailed to you by a Royal Roads Continuing Studies representative in the weeks prior to the course start date.
- The Royal Roads system does not allow multiple registrations for the same course to be associated with the same email. Separate accounts would need to be created.
- Cash or Credit will be accepted in our office at 2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, BC Canada V9B 5Y2
- If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Continuing Studies.
This workshop is for youth workers, artists, teachers, facilitators and team leaders. Participants learn easy-to-apply, proven techniques for increasing community, creativity and authenticity when working with groups. They also learn how to help groups increase their emotional literacy and capacity for self-expression. In the process, you’ll discover how your own creativity can sustain your life and your work.
Our programs take many different forms, but are always spaces where people explore their creativity, learn from diversity, express themselves and connect with others in a positive, supportive community.
- 8-day Summer Camps
- Positivity: Youth Leadership Weekends
- SAME!: Increasing Safety Around Gender and Sexuality
- Hip Hop Hope!
- Urban Arts Drop-Ins
- Adult Professional-Development Trainings
- Creative Facilitation 2
- The Heart of Facilitation